GOODBYE MR PRIME MINISTER
I may disagree with the way PM Muhyiddin came to power, but I must give him credit for the fact that he is not interfering with the court processes, with regards to the prosecution of the alleged wrongdoers from the Najib administration.
However, I consider it wrong that he created a supersized cabinet, in a thinly disguised, unethical process to buy political support, to buttress his minority government. Our present cabinet is probably a world record, in terms of ministers to population ratio.
I was appalled that he appointed politicians, and some of them tainted politicians, to head GLCs and GOCs. It is not right to use GLCs and GOCs for political purposes. I hope any new government that takes over from PM8, will consider divesting these GOCs and GLCs, and let technocrats run them professionally, and free of political shenanigans. The Government should just govern, and let professionals and technocrats, run govt owned corporations.
I was willing to condone PM8’s proclamation of the Emergency, when it was touted as a way to control the Covid Pandemic, by reducing politicking, but unfortunately the ineptness of his ministers in battling the pandemic, leads me to conclude that we should now let another PM take over.
I will support a handover of power to a Prime Minister from among our younger politicians. I would also support a Lady Prime Minister. Anyone, except for any of the obviously selfish, greedy, toady, unprincipled, dishonest, and tainted politicians from past administrations.
Arising from the UMNO bloc’s announcement to withdraw support for the PN coalition, we are now seeing expired Wannabe PMs, like worms smelling carrion, crawling out of the woodwork to offer themselves as Interim PMs until the next GE. I would say no thank you to these wannabes. We’ve had enough of them, and their narrow racist and bigoted agendas. Let’s give the premiership to those untainted younger politicians. Also lady politicians of whatever race. The performance of several lady prime ministers from other countries, have been amazing. I foresee several of our lady MPs being quite capable of emulating, and even outdoing them.
Apart from repairing our battered economy, our new prime minister must address racism and national unity, our flawed education policy, and re-delineate electoral boundaries to undo the decades of shameless gerrymandering by previous administrations. Lets stop this undermining of democracy, and let us appoint a bipartisan committee appointed by the YDPA, to redraw electoral boundaries to restore true democracy in our country.
The new PM must also come down hard on corruption, right-size the civil service, ensure a truly independent judiciary, refocus on how to lift the rural population from poverty, and ensure that Sabah and Sarawak, are given faster and more development, and a bigger share of resources that after all, come from their side of the South China Sea.
What I would ask the present prime minister to do, on his way out of the front door, is to please approve the registration of MUDA. It is time for our youth to come into the picture, to try and undo the nonsense, havoc and harm, that all our previous racist prime ministers (specifically the last 3 prime ministers) have wreaked upon our sad country.
With the Emergency Regulations, the Prime Minster had a great opportunity to do the right things, and leave an amazing legacy. But he blew it. The Prime Minister is about to leave the stage. Let us bid a warm a warm welcome to our new (lady) prime minister.
Yusuf Hashim
9 July 2021

No comments:
Post a Comment