Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2021

 

INTROSPECTION



I listened to the Malaysian Prime Minister's short announcement after his meeting with the King this morning. He appears to be digging in. I am beginning to believe that it is probably in Malaysia's overall best interests that we should pull back from the politicking, and running the PM down, and instead we should HELP him finish the job, of getting Malaysians out of this terrible mess that we are in. At least we should stop the incessant booing at his every move. If you do not have anything helpful, or constructive to say or do, may I ask you to please stay quiet.
Why?
Because I shudder at the alternatives if the Prime Minister were to throw in the towel. Khairy and the Spanish Fly Health Minister, are actually doing good work, and are finally starting to achieve Malaysia's vaccination goals. An analysis of the details in the Covid data, seems to indicate we are going down the right path. We should give credit where credit is due. I think Khairy is doing a reasonably good job, and we should try to at least be more constructive, instead of shooting down everything he and the Spanish Fly Health minister are trying to do.
In any case, the opposition doesn't seem to have a credible alternative way of handling Malaysia's problems. If they have, I haven't heard of it. Even if they do get to become the Govt, they will have a steep learning curve to overcome, before they can start becoming effective. And we dont have the luxury of time to let them learn.

In any case, when Mahathir was Prime Minister under the last PH govt, I cannot recall anything earth shattering that Mahathir implemented, or started to implement. He didn't seriously try to implement the core reforms stated in the PH Manifesto. In fact he became the old Mahathir that we all knew, and mostly disliked. All he was focusing on, was to induce more Malay MPs to join his (then) Bersatu party, exactly the same that Mahaiddin did upon seizing power in the Sheraton move, and is still doing. And it will be exactly the same thing any new PM taking over from PM Mahaiddin will do. We will still be in exactly the same mess. So changing govt at this juncture is NOT advisable.
If the present opposition takes over the govt, I foresee the same instability and frogging will continue. Fact is, almost ALL our MPs and politicians are hypocrites, devoid of honour and integrity, and they will NOT put the interests of this country, above their own narrow and selfish interests.
I say we should stop allowing ourselves to fall into the game plan of the Court Cluster, the shenanigans of the Wannabe PM clusters, the selfish interests of the Frogs in Parliament, and the unproductive trap of the incendiary hot air entilators. It is good that the sitting Prime Minister has reaffirmed that he will NOT interfere in the court processes. I would advise Mahathir, Annuar, LGE and every MP on both sides of the monkey divide, to roll up their sleeves, think of the suffering and bleeding country, and start being constructive, by HELPING the present govt to solve our twin problems of the pandemic and the economy.
Please stop the politicking. Focus on getting us out of this serious mess we are all in. Be constructive and HELP the current PM solve our problems, and for the moment, please shelve your selfish, lofty and almost immoral ambitions. At the next elections (which has to be held in two years time), I urge all voters NOT to vote for any of these useless MPs on both sides of the divide, because there is no divide, and they are all the same. You and I know who they are. Only they themselves do not see themselves as we see them - a whole bunch of selfish, self serving, immoral, unethical, inept, dishonest, and even criminally inclined hypocrites.
Stop the politicking and the unproductive shouting and heckling. All you selfish mustards.

Start helping the Govt to beat this pandemic, and solve our pandemic and economic woes. The B40 are suffering. Suicide rates are rising. The M40 is fast slipping into the ranks of the B40. Only the T20 are completely unscathed.

Yusuf Hashim
4 Aug 2021



No comments:

Post a Comment