WHITHER ART THOU HEADING, O' MY MALAYSIA
I'm 76 years old and a grandfather of 15. When I was younger, Honesty, Integrity, Honour, Selflessness, and a fear of God were virtues.
Today, we seem to have lost all of those that we used to hold dear.
The outgoing Inspector General of Police made some worrying allegations. If the chief of police made those allegations and he couldn't do much to stop the rot during his tenure, where can we look for salvation?
Malaysians are tired of the antics of their politicians, and the people they voted, or were appointed to lead this country. Most of the stewardships our GLCs and GOCs are political appointees, and they appear to be not the best qualified Malaysians to run these mega corporations. Several of them are in courts today, charged with abuse of power, and outright criminal pilferage.
In our courts today, many of those being charged for cheating and for corruption, are titled people. What is incredulous is that, even though some of these people are already convicted, many still continue to worship them. I wonder why.
I wonder too, what are the criteria for awarding these titles. Perhaps we should have a country-wide moratorium for awarding titles for a few years, until the powers that be, can root out the rot from within their ranks. Can we even halt the rabid manufacturing of titles?
I believe, Racism, Corruption, and bent Politicians, will eventually kill Malaysia. And shelving meritocracy to help a lagging group of our population may be tolerable for a while, but if meritocracy is set aside in perpetuity, in the service of race, for sure we will be heading towards mediocrity as a state.
And at the root of many of our problems, is our silo system of education. And I do not see any tangible moves being made to address this issue.
Sadly, I believe that today, even if flawed policies are somehow reversed by the Captain of the ship that is Malaysia, the Deep State, with a mind of its own, will certainly resist any reformation.

No comments:
Post a Comment