Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2021

 I WISH WE CAN HAVE A LADY PRIME MINISTER


(If this piece is too long for you to read, I have  made a 7 minute video,  and uploaded to  YouTube at this link  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hM-bErxgTQ )

I am really disappointed, with the under-performing, sub-prime, prime ministers, we’ve had over the last few decades. The last few Prime Ministers we’ve had, were especially inept, irresponsible, morally wanting, selfish, dishonest, without integrity, and even criminally inclined. One has even been convicted. Their policies haven’t been the best we could have had. The present PM appears to have no legitimate mandate to be PM, and he appears fearful to test his legitimacy, in Parliament. 

He has caused Parliament to be suspended, and he has declared a state of Emergency, ostensibly to tackle the Covid menace more effectively, but in reality, it appears to be a desperate means to immorally hang on to his shaky PM seat.  Covid seems to still be out of control. Our infection rate is among the world’s highest. Our vaccination program to achieve herd immunity is awfully slow. His ministers appear to be wishy-washy, and completely uncoordinated. And the economy has been severely ravaged, an indictment perhaps of a failed government.

Now, If I had a magic lamp, I would caress the lamp tenderly, to coax a genie out, and ask only one wish for my Malaysia. I would wish for a lady, to become our next PM.

And maybe, also beg the genie, to get rid of present, past, and all wannabe PMs. They are all defective characters, all of them, and not at all anywhere, near what a good PM should be like. The reason why Malaysia is in such a relatively sorry state today, can directly be attributed to the seriously flawed policies they have been promoting, and their own personal misconduct. 

It is a popular perception, that our administration is one of the greatest kleptocracies in the world. And we hold the world record for the largest per capita ratio, of ministers to population. Many of our ministers and members of parliament, appear to be quite selfish, and without much honour and integrity. Many condone corruption, and one of them have even been convicted of grand theft, and another of unspeakable larcenies.  And while my genie is making good my wishes, she should also dump all present politicians, into the Straits of Malacca, so that this country can have a complete reset.

I am impressed by the stature of Jacinda Arden, the present Prime Minister of New Zealand. I wonder whether we can borrow her for 3 years to reset our politics and our economy. 

I am also impressed by Angela Merkel, the first female Chancellor of Germany. She is another role model our Wannabe PMs can learn from. I hear she will not seek re-election in Germany. Perhaps we can hire her to be an Expatriate Malaysian Prime Minister under contract?

Or perhaps we should let Nurul Anwar become our next PM. I am more impressed by her, than either her father, or her mother. 

Join me. Lets vote in, a new government, led by Nurul Izzah and, and probably Yeo Bee Yin or Hanna Yeoh as her deputy.  Blasphemy? I don’t think so.  Having been saddled by a series of governments led by retards, having a Lady PM  might well do wonders for our beleaguered nation.

Women appear to be more honest, have better integrity, honour and morals, than most men. However, an exception is one woman we all know too well, but thankfully, she never got to be a PM even though she wielded considerable influence over a past male PM. 

We've never had a lady PM in Malaysia, so Nurul Izzah as our next Prime Minister, and Yeo Bee Yin as Deputy Prime Minister, might well work wonders for us. This combo will send a strong signal to all, about our earnestness to rid our country of Racism, Bigotry and Hyper-cronyism. It’s also about time we embrace Meritocracy.

YB Yeo has a Masters in Philosophy, in Advanced Chemical Engineering at Corpus Christi College, Cambridge. As for the men, I am impressed with the effort, work, and vigour, demonstrated by Rafizi Ramli, in booting out a previous government of super kleptocrats. 

Syed Saddiq, that young fella from my alma mater, the Royal Military College, appears to have potential of becoming a future PM too. I hope he hasn’t been too contaminated by having  mixing with the kleptocrats of the present, and past government. 

Syed Saddiq should also be roped into Nurul Izzah’s government of fresh young faces.  What they will need to tackle immediately and urgently, are our Education policies, our Race relations, our economy, the Covid pandemic, the push towards meritocracy, and ridding our nation’s love affair with corruption.

Join me Everyone, and let us vote Nurul Izzah as Prime Minister, and YB Yeo Bee Yin, as Deputy Prime Minister.

Video version of this Blog

Yusuf Hashim

27 June 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment